Guidelines for Presenters
All accepted papers must be presented in order to be published through IEEE. Each paper must have a full author registration fee associated with it. Student registration rates do not apply. Society membership discounts are available and are posted on the website.
Preparing and Delivering an Oral Presentation
- All oral session presenters should be present at their conference room at least 10 minutes prior to the beginning of the session to upload their presentation. The presentation may be in .ppt or .pdf format on a memory stick in order to download to the session laptop. Presenters will not be allowed to use their own laptops
- Presenters should print a short introduction (3-4 lines) that can be used by the session chair to introduce the presenter.
- The large number of papers being presented at ITEC requires strict adherence to the time limits for presenting papers. This assures that everyone has a fair chance to present their work and answer questions. It is the job of the session chair to keep time and maintain schedule. Each paper is allowed 15 minutes for presentation and 5 minutes for questions and answers. Please plan your presentation accordingly.
- The following audiovisual equipment will be available in each meeting room for use during the conference: LCD data projector with laptop computer.
- ITEC requires all of its authors to prepare their presentations in electronic format. Microsoft PowerPoint and Adobe Acrobat are the two formats acceptable. Authors will not be allowed to connect their computers to the display projectors. Transferring the projector from one computer to another and back again takes too much time and creates a possibility for computer crashes. As stated above, authors are required to bring an electronic copy of their presentation on USB interfaced memory media to download to the session laptop.
Preparing and Delivering a Poster/Dialogue Presentation
- Papers accepted to a Poster session are published in IEEE Xplore exactly as an oral presentation.
- Poster sessions will be held on Tuesday, June 21 and Wednesday, June 22 from 12PM-2PM each day. During this time, attendees will be browsing the posters and will stop to ask questions and discuss the content.
- Presenting authors must remain near their poster to address questions and present their work for the duration of the poster session. They may step away to get lunch but should bring it back to the poster to continue discussion.
- All posters must contain figures and graphics from the submitted paper to illustrate and support their work.
- The usable space on each poster board for the poster sessions is approximately 48 inches (122 cm) wide by 36 inches (92 cm) high.
- The posters must be created, transported to the conference, and presented by an author or their representative. A UPS Store is 0.6 miles away in the event of last-minute issues, but poster printing is subject to availability.
- The posters must be posted at least thirty minutes prior to the respective poster session. Thumbtacks will be provided.
- The posters must be removed within one hour of the close of the respective session.
- Printing facilities are available at the local Fed Ex store 0.6 miles from the Huntington Place. Please note, they require a 3-5 day lead time to print the poster. They CAN NOT print on site. For last minute errors or re-prints, it is recommended to locate a Staples in the area that may be able to print a poster size document.
- For advance requests for printing, contact the local UPS Store here:
- UPS STORE
- (313) 963-7068
- Address: 535 Griswold St, Unit 111, Detroit, MI 48226
- Authors need to attach artwork and include dimensions in the email description. Include what type of paper what you want it printed on – Semi-gloss or matte paper – $6/square ft.
- 3-5 business day turnaround time, final deadline to have ready by the conference dates: June 8th, 202