Guidelines for Presenters
All accepted papers must be presented in order to be published through IEEE. Each paper must have a full author registration fee associated with it. Student registration rates do not apply. Society membership discounts are available and are posted on the website.
The ITEC Technical Sessions will be arranged in two parts during the virtual conference. The first part will consist of pre-recorded presentations by the author. The deadline for these recordings is May 26, 2021. In order to be considered as presented, we also request that you attend and answer any questions during the live Q&A portion of the session.
Please connect to your session room in Zoom at least five minutes before the start of the session. Once in the virtual room, the session host will change your role from “attendee” to “panelist”, so that you will be able to activate your microphone and camera when it’s your turn to speak. Please keep your microphone muted whenever other speakers are speaking.
In any case, the speaker is required to participate live in the Q&A session to be held immediately after the presentations. Questions from the audience will be asked through the Zoom Q&A Chat and will be read out by the session chair.
The deadline to upload the presentation video is May 26, 2021(detailed instructions are given below).
Any participation issue or change of presenter must be immediately notified to the app administrator at email@example.com, sending all the information (Full name, email, affiliation, country) about the final presenter. This is needed in order to set the correct presenter’s Whova profile account. Please note that in that case the original presenter will not be able to access the conference content anymore, unless another registration for the conference as an attendee is made.
Please find below the exact duration of videos and Q&A sessions, depending on the presentation type:
- Video files:
- Keynote presentations: 20 min
- Author paper presentation video: 15 min
- Industry Session presentation video: 20 min
- Q&A session after each presentation: variable
Instructions for Video Recording
Videos should contain a prominent view of the presentation slides along with audio of the spoken presentation. Optionally, videos may contain a shot of the speaker’s head for increased engagement (this shot should be thumbnail-sized and overlaid on the slide images as shown here). Many presentation software tools allow recording audio and video directly in the application and can export appropriate video files. Please see the notes below for detailed instructions for PowerPoint and KeyNote. If you use a different application, please see the notes under Other Options.
- Follow these instructions to add audio (and optionally video) to your slides.
- Follow these instructions to generate a MPEG-4 (.mp4) file from your slides and audio/video.
- Alternatively, you can follow this video tutorial which goes through both of these steps. Also, see this video tutorial if you like.
Video file format
The presentation video must be in MP4 format, with maximum resolution of 720p HD and bit rate less than or equal to 1 Mbps: to check the bit rate, right click on the file name, click on properties, go to the details tab, and look for total bit rate.
Tips for recording:
- Use as quiet an area as possible
- Avoid areas that have echo
- Rooms should be fairly small
- Sound dampening can be done with carpeting, curtains, furniture
- Hardline internet connection recommended, but if unavailable, use a strong Wi-Fi connection
- Good headset with microphone close to mouth BUT away from direct line of mouth to reduce “pops”. Avoid using default built-in microphone on computer.
- Do a test recording of a couple of minutes and review the sound and picture quality, MP4 format, and bit rate before recording the entire presentation. Make adjustments if needed.
Instructions for Video Uploading
Deadline: Wednesday, May 26, 2021
On May 19th, speakers will receive an email, from Rebecca Krishnamurthy (Conference Coordinator), containing a google drive link to upload your video. Please do so by May 26
If you have any issues with uploading your presentation, please contact the conference coordinator at Rebecca.firstname.lastname@example.org