Preparing and Delivering an Oral Presentation
- All oral session presenters must attend the author’s breakfast. There, the session chairs will have a laptop computer on which to place your presentation. Please make sure to bring a .ppt or .pdf copy of the presentation on a CD or memory stick in order to download to the session laptop.
- The large number of papers being presented at ITEC requires strict adherence to the time limits for presenting papers. This assures that everyone has a fair chance to present their work and answer questions. It is the job of the session chair to keep time and maintain schedule. Each paper is allowed 20 minutes for presentation and 5 minutes for questions and answers. Please plan your presentation accordingly.
- The following audiovisual equipment will be available in each meeting room for use during the conference: LCD data projector with laptop computer.
- ITEC is requiring all of its authors to prepare their presentations in electronic format. Microsoft PowerPoint and Adobe Acrobat are the two formats acceptable. ITEC will provide LCD computer projectors and computers in each session. Authors will not be allowed to connect their computers to the display projectors. Transferring the projector from one computer to another and back again takes too much time and creates a possibility for computer crashes. As stated above, authors are required to bring an electronic copy of their presentation on a CD-ROM or USB interfaced memory media to download to the session laptop (at the author’s breakfast).
Preparing and Delivering a Poster/Dialogue Presentation
- The useable space on each poster board for the poster sessions is approximately 48 inches (122 cm) wide by 36 inches (92 cm) high.
- The posters must be created, transported to the conference, and presented by an author or their representative. Please note that no facilities for poster printing are available at the conference.
- The posters must be posted at least one hour prior to the respective poster session. Thumbtacks will be provided.
- The poster presenters must remain near their posters for the entire poster session.
- The posters must be removed within one hour of the close of the respective session.